Cleaning your makeup brushes on a regular basis is a vital aspect of any beauty regimen. Remember, the daily use of these tools will inevitably lead to dirt, oil, and bacteria build-up. Periodic cleaning helps prevent unwanted acne problems and surprise breakouts. Presented below is the proper way of going about it:
- Step 1: Turn on the tap and wet the bristles of your makeup brushes with lukewarm water
- Step 2: Take a bit of soap or makeup brush cleanser into your palms. A drop or two should be enough.
- Step 3: Take the palm of your hands and gently massage the tips of the brush bristles. Let it soak the soapy solution for a bit for optimal effect.
- Step 3: Rinse out the brushes. Make sure that no residue remains on the bristles.
- Step 4: Dry out the brushes properly by taking a clean piece of cloth and squeezing out the excess moisture.
Be sure to remember these steps. It is also worth noting that brushes need to dry with bristles hanging off the edge of a counter, thereby allowing it to dry in the correct shape. Remember, the worst thing you can do is dry your brushes on a towel as it can lead to mildew.